Visitation Guidelines at the Hospice of Hope Inpatient Facilities
Hospice of Hope provides high quality end-of-life care to those who live in our 14 county service area. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our highest priority is to protect our vulnerable patient
population and the staff who serve them. After careful consideration and by following federal, state, and local guidelines, Hospice of Hope has outlined the following visitation guidelines:
- To limit the risk of exposure to our patient and staff we ask that each patient have no more than 5 visitors in the room with them. All other visitors should remain outside of our
inpatient facility until they can be permitted to enter the patient’s room. You may be readmitted to our facility if you choose to leave.
- Visitors who are with positive COVID-19 patients will need to wear full PPE the entire time they are in the patient’s room. Full PPE will be provided for each visitor.
Visitors to positive COVID-19 patients will need to use the bathroom in the patient’s room.
- Visitors will be expected to complete a self-screening upon entering our inpatient facility. The visitor should go directly to the patient’s room. There should be no
congregating at the nurses’ station.
- Visitors should practice social distancing and wear a mask while at our inpatient facility. If a visitor does not have a mask, a mask may be provided to them. Visitors must wear a mask
the entire time they are inside the facility.
- If you need something it is important to use our call light system to bring staff’s attention to your needs, do not approach the nurses’ station for needs.
- No visitors under the age of 5 will be granted visitation.
- Visitors are not permitted to congregate in common areas. This includes the hallway, the nurses’ station, and the family room.
- Pet visitation has been suspended at this time.
- Outside food and drinks will be permitted in our inpatient facility.
- Flower delivery service will be permitted in our inpatient facility.
- Hospice of Hope Staff will assist with virtual visits as needed.
- There will be no exceptions to this policy.
Hospice of Hope appreciates your understanding and your help maintaining the COVID-19 precautions for the safety of your loved one, our hospice patients, families, and our staff. Please
ask to speak with a Hospice of Hope staff member if you have any questions or concerns.